This innovative air conditioning system is powered by solar energy a clean and renewable energy. No CFC or chlorofluorocarbons that deplete our ozone layer is used in the design. Additionally, the product is certified by TUV, known as the world’s strictest quality agency in approving any products.
There are a number of benefits of using DC compared to AC:
- Reduce loss of conversion from DC to AC – The solar PV generates electrical currents in DC and if the air conditioning system is operating using AC, an extra inverter is needed in the system. Introduction of inverters in any system will create lower efficiency because loss of electrical energy during conversion.
- Less PV panels – Since the system is more efficient then less PV (photovoltaic) panels are used in the system.
- Fewer components – Product is less expensive since fewer components are used in the system. No inverter and less PV panels are used.
*PV panel also known as photovoltaic panel, solar panel or solar cell.
Specifications: SplitCool DC-18 DC Air Conditioning Unit / Heat Pump
Max Cooling 18,000 BTU/hr
Max Heating 20,500 Heating
Input Voltage 48 VDC (46v to 56 v)
Batteries 12 VDC (min 4) or 6V DC (min 8)
Battery AH (each) 225-395
Weight 165 lbs
Charge Weight 45 oz (2.81 lbs)
Oil Charge 11.83 fl. oz.
Compressor Brushless DC (BLDC) Rotary
Low Voltage Disconnect Yes
Sound (outdoor unit) 60 dB max
Sound (indoor unit) 52 dB max
|IDU – Indoor Unit:|
|ODU – Outdoor Unit (v1) :|
|Cooling & Heating Capacity||18,000 BTU||20,500 BTU|
|Air Flow||470 CFM||500 CFM|
|Amps per hour @ 48VDC (Nominal)||23.8||31|
*SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) is an efficiency rating for air conditioning manufacturers. It is a requirement from the US Department of Energy.
HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) is an efficiency rating for heating manufacturers. It is a requirement from the US Department of Energy.
The higher the SEER or HSPF rating means that the device is more efficient. Normally high-efficiency units cost more. However, their operating costs are lower and the payback period also shorter.
*EER – energy efficient ratio.
*COP – coefficient of performance.
Features: SplitCool DC-18 DC Air Conditioning Unit / Heat Pump
It can be an 18000 BTU unit or a 4000, 8000 or 12000 BTU unit based on demand. Thus, by eliminating the on-off cycle of traditional air conditioners, the SplitCool DC18 is more efficient. Further, it can provide more hours of cooling while using less power.
Other features of the SplitCool photovoltaic air conditioning unit are listed below;
- Variable frequency drive 25hz – 125hz (variable speed)
- Capacity dynamically sized 5,000 BTU-18,000 BTU per hour as needed.
- Compressor provides high efficiency operation and slow start.
- Overnight operation available.
- Innovative control logic saves energy by matching cooling capacity to demand.
- Uses min. 4 standard 12v (or 8 6v) deep cycle solar batteries.
- Batteries are configured in series/parallel for 48 volt operation.
- Needs minimum of 800 watts of standard solar panels.
- Works with external standard solar charge controller.
- Solar panel and battery requirements will vary based on application and local sunlight conditions.
- Quiet operation.
Readers who might be interested in their product could visit their website at, Solar Panel Plus. Thanks for reading.